I thought I’d share the recipe I used to make my valentine’s cookies:) Basically they’re just iced biscuits and fully customisable for any occasion! So thanks to Jelly at http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6754/valentine-cookies.aspx !
- 250g butter, softened
- 320g plain flour, sieved
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- icing sugar for finishing touches
- Preheat oven to 170 C
- Mix butter with a mixer until light
- Add the flour, icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract ( I only mixed it a little with the mixer to begin with)
- Then knead the mixture into a velvety dough…
- Separate the dough into two halves and roll out to a 6mm thickness, using as little extra flour as possible!
- Cut out hearts or whatever shape you choose using a cookie cutter, or glass, or mug or whatever you want!
- Place onto a lightly greased baking tray or one lined with baking paper and bake for around 12 minutes
- The cookies will be almost white when baked. Unfortunately I can never adhere to this rule and always end up with slightly burnt cookies!
- Leave to cool before icing, or else sprinkle them with some icing sugar. I did a mixture 🙂
And there you have it! I could do with practising my icing skills more!